Traditionally, the flannel board has been used for storytelling. Yet today with so many old time favorite nursery rhymes in felt, it's easy to add more teaching activties to your flannel board. We now have available Little folk Visuals nursery rhyme felt stories. Here are a few ways you can teach your children phoneme awareness with the use of nursery rhymes:
- Recognizing rhyming words.
- Suppy an appropriate rhyming word to complete the nursery rhyme lyric.
- Identify the beginning and ending sound in words they hear.
- Recoginize similarities and differences in those sounds.
- Identify felt pictures whose names have the same beginning or ending sounds.
- Sort felt story pictures whoes names have the same beginning or ending sounds.